1.02.2010

My Life People (Me- Part 3)

(part 3 of questions for me... from My Life People)
(and actually, the last of the questions, unless more of you join in ;)

1. What song would be your theme song?/What's your favorite song?
Oh. Tough one. I love music. And many songs speak to me in one way or another (or they don’t speak to me, I just like them), but I don’t think I can single out one over any other.

So…
here is a very random smidgen of some that I love (by scanning through my itunes library)…

Just Fine by Mary J. Blige
Love Rollercoaster by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Love Story by Taylor Swift
You Belong with Me by Taylor Swift (ok, anything by her… im a sap for the teenage love songs)
Go Light Your World by Chris Rice
Boondocks by Little Big Town
California Love by 2Pac
1, 2, 3, 4 by The Plain White T’s
No Rain by Blind Melon
Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas
Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
Round Here by Counting Crows
Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap
Down in the Hole by James Taylor
Walk by Faith by Jeremy Camp
Mr. Blue Sky by Electic Light Orchestra
Photograph by Nickleback
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
Lump by The Presidents of the United States of America
Lose My Soul by Toby Mac
Regulate by Warren G
Stay by Lisa Loeb
All Summer Long by Kid Rock
Cowboy Take Me Away by The Dixie Chicks*
(*eta: as i just heard it on pandora and was reminded!!)

HA! I actually laughed out loud with this mix of music. There is a bit of everything here, but that’s me! and there are plenty more that i love that didn't even make it to this list...

2. What is something you find interesting? Beautiful? Intriguing? Perfect?
Hmmm… the thing that first comes to mind, to each of the 4 adjectives... is the whole process of pregnancy and childbirth… from before conception to after delivery. I have always been overly fascinated with the amazing complexity and pure miracle that it all is. I would call the whole journey interesting, beautiful, intriguing and perfect.

3. How about, what is one life long goal you hope to accomplish?
Yikes. These questions are rough! Wow. Life long goal. I’m just living week to week these days :) I guess life long… my goal is to be truly truly happy. To be proud of what I do. To be proud of what I give. To be self-confident and fearless in whatever life throws my way. To be surrounded by people who love and support me, and to reflect those same things to all who are around me. And most of all, to have raised children that can say the same… that they are happy, self-confident, and proud of themselves.

4. What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
We haven’t been on many diverse vacations, but I can say for sure the best vacation I have been on was this past summer to Atlantic Beach. The sun, the beach, the pools, the napping, the eating… everything was just wonderful! Honestly though, I am not sure that it was as much the location as the fact that it was just us. This was our first vacation as a family, and we really enjoyed having the opportunity to experience that. (Though I am sure being at a beautiful beach has something to do with the overall experience :)

5. Daddy play hockey night?
This is a question I hear daily. Is Daddy playing hockey tonight? Asked in the most sincere and adorable way by the most precious little 2 year old boy that I know. Many times this is the first thing I hear in the morning, and the last thing I hear at night. And to answer the question, for this particular day… No Cohen, Daddy is not playing hockey tonight :)

(if you have more questions for me... you have to play along!)

3 comments:

penuttpie said...

thanks for stopping by my blog jen! just wanted to let you know that i responded to your comment on there :)

Swedish Mama said...

All your answers are very interestung. Must admit I don't know some (many) of your favorite songs or groups. Counting Cows? We did that on the farm....

Sam said...

I L - O - V - E, love your song list. I don't even know you and that list made me sure we'd get along splendidly.

(btw, I'm the oldest offspring of Susie. For what it's worth.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails