10.22.2009

dip night

i declare wednesday night... DIP NIGHT!
the perfect compainion to GLEE.
(thursday night is leftover dip night. a perfect companion to Grey's.)


i spent a few weekends clicking through those 2 hundreds of dip links, and copied and pasted my favorites into my own refined dip catalog. 13 pages worth.

ive made a few. loved a few. modified a few.
now im sharing.

tonight's dip (which is actually last night's being reheated)...

Hot Turkey Reuben Dip

1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
chopped up turkey lunch meat
1 package shredded swiss cheese
1 can sauerkraut
3 heaping TBS thousand island dressing
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, and then spread into an 8x8 pan. Heat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips, or whatever you prefer for your dipping!

I am not a fan of sauerkraut (we make our Reuben sandwiches with coleslaw...) but this is reallllly tasty :)
Tonight I'll being enjoying this dip with my new found beverage... caffeine free Mountain Dew!!! By accident, I picked it up at the store... but little did i know it wasn't really an accident but a great discovery of being able to have Mountain Dew without going wild!!

ok... almost TV time.
happy dipping.

4 comments:

debbie l said...

Jen~ This sounds awesome!
Can't wait to try it.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Mmmm, this sounds so good! I always make your spinach-artichoke dip and it's a huge hit wherever I take it. I'll have to try this one too.
I could probably live off of dip and be happy. Very, very large, but happy. :)

Krysty said...

Yum! I love turkey reubens (Some places call them Rachels) so I'd love your recipe for your sandwiches too! Can't wait to hear more about those 13 pages of recipes!

denise said...

that sounds so yummy! i heart dips! this is totally off topic, but what are you giving as teacher gifts this year for christmas? i always love your ideas! i think the parents are pitching in for a group gift of a big gift card or two, but i'm trying to figure out some ideas for delaney's therapists and bus drivers. any ideas miss creativity? thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails