6.22.2008

Calling all recipes!!


I love food. I love cooking. I love recipes.

Especially NEW recipes!
My best recipes are ones that I’ve gotten from others.

So here is what I want to put together… with YOUR help!

The “Can I Get that Recipe?” Collection.

1. you make it every time you host a get-together
(people expect it to be there)
2. you make it every time you go to a get-together
(people expect you to bring it)
3. you make it every christmas/thanksgiving/birthday
(per request by someone)
4. you’ve been asked for the recipe a few times
(and then some)

If you know what recipe(s) I am talking about, we want it in this collection!!

HOW DO I GET THIS FABULOUS RECIPE COLLECTION??

Send 1-3 recipes to jenfinh@yahoo.com (or my normal email if that’s the one you normally use).

ANY kind of recipe. Soup, salad, bread, dessert, snack, appetizer, bar, dip, main dish, anything. Don’t worry if you think it is too easy of a recipe. Easy recipes are great! Just as long as it meets one of those 4 statements up above, you are good! (But please do not post the recipe directly to the blog… that would spoil the fun! Make sure to email it to me.)

Just type (or copy and paste) your recipe directly into an email, or attach it as a word file. Let me know how you want your name listed with your recipe(s) (ie :Aunt Melissa, Ali B., Dee, Jennifer H***ing, etc…) If you want to say where it’s from or give a little story about the recipe, go for it! (Most of my ‘good’ recipes are from my aunt! and stories are always fun!)

Please edit/proof read your recipe before sending it so that I am less inclined to drive myself nuts in doing so.

I will put them all into an organized PDF ‘cookbook’ of sorts, and I will email it to you. You will be able to save it to your computer and/or print it out and stick it in a binder! Everyone who contributes will get a copy of the collection via email!

Want lots of recipes?? I do!! Spread the word on your blog(s) or via email! Copy and paste this post (or the link to this post) to your blog, and/or email it to all you think would be interested!

The due date for your recipe(s) is Sunday, July 20th.
Questions? Send me an email jenfinh@yahoo.com (or my normal email…) and I’ll try to answer! I’m known to put in so many details that I leave the most obvious ones out!


Have a great week :)

8 comments:

The Mom said...

I sent you one!!

Mary said...

Too fun! You are a Martha in the making!! I'll get you mine this week. Have a great week!
Oh, what is that last picture of? mmmm!

Stephanie said...

good idea.. hope you get lots of new ones!!!

Katie said...

humm let me think what I can send.

Unknown said...

Count me in!! Let me see what I can dig up for you! :)

the mama monster said...

thanks for the comment on my blog. what a fun idea, i love to cook and have a ton of recipes. i could always use more though. i will be sending some shortly.

lisa said...

Fun!! I'll be sending one..or two! I LOVE recipes!

Lisa Baldwin...you know...erin's friend...from PA... :P)

Karen said...

Great idea. I read about it on left bower's blog. i'll post it on mine: www.karenamundson.wordpress.com and send you a recipe. I know just what one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails